viernes, enero 02, 2015

Los diez propósitos de Sig



  • I vow always to withhold judgment on whatever I hear or read until I’ve checked other versions of the same narrative.
  • As much as possible, I will dwell in the present moment with patience and a grateful heart. In spite of the circumstances, each morning I will write down five things for which I am grateful.
  • I shall turn a deaf ear to gossip and resist the temptation to contribute to the cacophony of crass, gratuitous, and/or unfavorable remarks about other people.
  • I will do something every day that challenges my comfort zone. That way my fears will shrink and my courage will grow.
  • Unless I have executed one already, I promise to complete or update my health care power of attorney and ensure that my children and spouse are aware of my final wishes. Further, I guarantee that my family members will know who my health care proxy is.
  • I shall make certain there exists ‘information equity’ among my children so that none of them are in the dark about any life threatening medical issues I may experience.
  • I declare that I shall respect the dignity of elders in my family and community and not patronize them at the expense of their self-respect. To that end I shall listen to my parents’ or grandparents’ concerns about losing their independence and self-worth.
  • As an older adult I pledge to investigate all available local resources that will enable me to age with dignity and safety. To that end I affirm that I will listen to my adult children’s concerns about my security and well being.
  • I will be slow to take offense and quick to forgive.
  • I will tell and show my parents, children, siblings, and friends that I love them.